Office Hours - 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
Phone: (803) 434-7606
Fax: (803) 434-3855
14 Medical Park, Suite 400
Columbia, SC 29203
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine/Palmetto Health Pediatric Residency Program is a fully ACGME accredited three-year program with 12 residents at each level. The program remains in the top 10% for pass rates on the American Board of Pediatrics certifying examination.
Palmetto Health Children's Hospital is a 170 bed, state-wide pediatric referral center that attracts patients from all 46 counties in South Carolina and serves as the residency program’s primary teaching hospital. Each year the Children's Hospital cares for more than 85,000 infants, children and adolescents through its inpatient and outpatient facilities. As the state’s first freestanding children's hospital, it encompasses a complete range of medical and surgical services. More than 30 medical and surgical subspecialties devoted strictly to children are offered.
Other facets of Children's Hospital include...
- Member of the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions (NACHRI)
- Children's Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Nationally accredited Cystic Fibrosis center
- Child and family life programs
- In addition to pediatric physicians and nurses, dedicated staff includes pediatric phlebotomists, respiratory therapists, clinical dietitians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, social workers and pharmacists
- Special-needs camps such as Camp KEMO for oncology patients, Camp EZ Breathin' for respiratory patients and Camp Wonder Hands for deaf children
- Regional referral centers for pediatric trauma, neonatology and others
- Volunteer programs, which include 100-plus local individuals who serve as in-hospital volunteers along with several hundred supporters who sponsor year-round fundraising activities for Children's Hospital
- Children's Hospital Outpatient Center is a Reach Out and Read (ROAR) site program and headquarters for the statewide program. ROAR is an early literacy program in which doctors give age-appropriate books at all well-child visits from 6 months to 5 years
For further information regarding our program please email Ashley Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert C. Holleman, Jr., M.D. - Director
Kathryn A. Stephenson, M.D. - Associate Director
Scott D. Carney, M.D. – Assistant Director
Palmetto Health-Children's Hospital Residency
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
American Board of Pediatrics